Tuesday, May 8, 2012

~Make Over~

Can I cry?

I woke up this morning and wanted to change one little thing from last nights post only to find everything from last night was gone!

So, I'm starting over again.

This week-end I purchased an old bench from an estate sale and boy was it heavy!

Thankfully I have two guys to help load all those heavy pieces I seem to purchase.

When we went to pick it up I started having my regrets.

It wasn't looking as promising as I had hoped.

Here is the picture I sent my #1 showing him the "fabulous" piece we were going to pick up on Sunday.

He was less then enthused to say the least.

This piece needed a lot of TLC.

After all it was a man's workbench, dirty and grimy.

Yesterday was a beautiful day to jump in full force and start working on this piece.

I love the result.

I think it would make a wonderful garden bench for the avid gardener.

My #1 was pretty pleased with the outcome.

Especially because he didn't need to do a thing with it.

It's pretty amazing what a little TLC will do.

14 comments:

June said...

Debbie, this is absolutely the best make-over EVER!!! I can't believe how great this piece looks now! WOW, I love it!

stefanie said...

amazing is right!!!! its gorgeous!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

That is some good TLC! You did not get that at Friday's sale did you?

Kathy said...

What a great rescue - I love how it turned out and always admire what happens when people see things for what they CAN be and not what they are - bravo!!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Debbie your bench turned out wonderful!! I love what you did with it :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow Debbie, great redo. I love it!

hugs
Sissie

Anne said...

Debbie,
That looks amazing!LOVE IT!
Anne

Junebug said...

That bench looks amazing. I'm thinking not only a potting bench but a fun one to have in a sun room for all kinds of things, even a buffet! Love it - great job!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, It's wonderful now! What a cool piece!

Cindy

Laurie said...

This piece showcases why you are so successful at what you do. The vision to see something really cool under the grime and yuck!

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

That has to be the most exquisite makeover I've ever seen. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it here. Truly wonderful transformation! Great job!

Into Vintage said...

You definitely have the vision - what a transformation! I hope I can see it in person although I think it's going to have a sold tag on it right away. :-)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh my goodness! You are a genious! LOVE the wood for the drawers and the added numbers. Brilliant!

Shabbysweets said...

Great job! I love it! Just joined your blog!