Monday, January 9, 2012

what i love about it....


I didn't do much treasure hunting this week-end as there wasn't much out there that interested me.

But I did manage to meander into one about an hour after it opened.


I found one thing.

This sweet old child's chair.

It's the size of a high chair.

I love everything about it.

I love the old dark wood...


and all the details carved in the wood...


I love the fact that they used old wire around the legs to make it sturdy...


I love the fact that the wood is worn in different areas, probably from a very busy child.

So even though I didn't get into the "mother load" this week-end I do love my sweet chair!

Hope you found some great treasures this week-end!

Talk to you later!

4 comments:

LizlovesVintage said...

Wow! It's a gem of a chair. I agree with the wire make- do. I've never seen anything like that before. Prim and rustic. NICE!
Enjoy, your new chair.
xxx Liz

Cindy said...

Talk about Patina! What a great old chair! I love the wire at the bottom too.

Cindy

Shane Pollard said...

A wonderful chair - do you think it was orinally a high chair but the tray part hs been removed?
It almost has an old Bentwood look to it too.

Fabulous find!

Have a great week scouting about!

hugs
Shane

Miss Gracie's House said...

I love the chair, too...it would be a keeper!
Rene