Saturday, October 9, 2010

Velvet Strawberries


I've always enjoyed looking at, Andrea's ,vintage velvet strawberry collection.

I've never personally been able to find these beauties...

...until today!

I arrived at an Estate Sale an hour after it opened.

Since it was a sale that usually has very good prices, I didn't know how much would be left.

This sweet little purse was the first thing I found.


My #1 just couldn't believe I was going to blog about this...but you know when you're a blogger most everything is worthy of a story!

If you would like to see Andrea's pretty strawberry purses click HERE.

Thank you for stopping by and seeing my newest wall display in my last post.

I appreciated every comment!

10 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
I love your strawberry bag and yes, it's worth blogging about. I tell my family they had better behave themselves or they will end up on my blog! LOL.

hugs
Sissie

Miss Gracie's House said...

THANK YOU for the so sweet words of encouragement! All is well and we rejoice!
YAY on finding the strawberries...they are so pretty....and just *love* what you did with the wire fencing,,,GREAT idea!
Have a great day of worship!
Rene

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I picked up that purse and left it behind...glad you got it! That was a great sale and I saw your hubby as I was headed out with my hands full! I am glad that I made this estate sale my first stop today...hit another one after this one and it was pretty mediocre!

Anonymous said...

What a cute purse, Debbie... love those velvet strawberries! It is funny the things that we'll blog about, isn't it? Look at my post... got something in the mail... better blog about it... hahaha! ;-)
Anyway, have a good night!
~ Jo

P.S. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my Halloween post(Some Spook, Part 2), Debbie... it meant a lot to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Congratulations o your first strawberry purse...i am sure it won't be you last? it is so pretty,
Love Kristina x

becky up the hill said...

Best purse ever! I love the pea pods too!

melanie said...

oh...I would have snatched it from you (just kidding!)...so very cute!

Jocelyn said...

I have never seen velvet strawberries before. How adorable! And of course it is worthy of blogging!
~ p.s I love comments too :-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Debbie, that you have been such beautiful strawberries in velvet! Pearls and detail, they look so delicate, good idea and very rare. thanks for sharing your art. Rose Marie blessings

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a beautiful, lucky find!