Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Snow Continues To Fall!

I just wanted to give a BIG "Thank You!" to everyone that stopped by to take a look at our Christmas decorations! It was a lot of fun to participate in this fun event.

This week has been a strange one. Portland has been experiencing a lot of snow! Schools are open one day then closed the next. I headed out on Thursday to go to school since the roads were clear. I got a mile down the road and it started to snow. It was pretty amazing! And since I carry around a handy dandy camera now, I rolled down the window and took a picture. School was soon cancelled and I headed back for home. I know that doesn't sound strange for a lot of you as snow is something that is part of life for you in the winter. But, we just don't get a whole lot of it here.



Yesterday I decided to tackle a picture that I had bought at Goodwill quite a few months ago. I bought it for the frame and loved the fact that the glass inside was curved. Displayed in front was needlepoint, something I didn't want. While opening the back up I discovered behind the needlepoint the original picture that was in the frame. I love finds like that!



I don't know if you remember but quite a few posts back I told you how I had promised my son that when his theater group had their next play he could audition for the show. Well, last week 94 kids showed up to audition for Narnia. Each child had to come with a one minute song to sing for the director and her staff. Jonathan sang, "If I Were A Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof. Because of the snow "call backs" were posted right away. Well, he got a "call back" and he was pretty excited! To make a long story short, he will be playing Peter, the eldest sibling in Narnia. We were pretty shocked and excited for him. He will have a lot of practicing to do. This is actually a musical version. It should be a lot of fun!



So if you're in the Portland area and love to see theater stage shows we'd love for you to purchase a ticket for the show. CYT does a fantastic job with all their shows and this should be another great one!

3 comments:

Debra Howard said...

I sure wish we would get some snow too.
Debbie

Debra Howard said...

I sure wish we would get some snow too.
Debbie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Ahh, snow...that would be a sweet treat where I live! I won't hold my breath.

Wonderful find there! I love surprises like that, too. Love that frame!

Congrats to your son for his part in Narnia!!!! We LOVE that movie and just watching Prince Caspian. Tell him to have fun with his part!!!

xo
Becky