Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow, what a busy week-end! Friday morning my #1 and I headed to Ridgefield, Washington for an estate sale. We didn't get there when the doors opened but we still walked away finding a few good items. My treasure there was a silver ice bucket. I've wanted one and have been checking Ebay hoping to find a great deal, but I hate paying postage for heavier items so I've held off. While standing in line waiting to pay, I spotted it across the room. I threw the box of stuff to #1 and grabbed it. I was a little excited to say the least! It was also affordable which was an extra plus. It's already filled with flowers and sitting in my dining room. I just love it! I decided not to clean it up as I love the tarnished look it has.

DSCN8285

Well, after that sale we zoomed home. We needed to be in Eugene by 1:00pm, a two hour drive, to drop off my son's friend. We were meeting his mom halfway between Portand and Grants Pass. Next, we stopped by my sister-in-law's for a quick visit. While visiting,
my #1 noticed his phone was missing, we looked everywhere and could not find it. Mind you he's only had the phone one month. To make a long story short, we ended up going back to the estate sale in Ridgefield Saturday where he found his phone in the pasture, we were so relieved! Whew!

Here is a picture of a few of the things I picked up this week-end. I have to tell you one of the things I found was a set of wood alphabet stamps. Isn't that typical, I buy them off ebay then I end up finding them at an estate sale. Oh well, mine are bigger!!! (o:

DSCN8298

I also did a little jewelry making last night. I don't know if I'm having more fun collecting the old jewelry for these projects or putting them together.

Thank you for stopping by and reading about my week-end!

And a big thank you for those who have left comments. I do try to email you back but many times I can't find email addresses, but I keep searching!

2 comments:

Iris said...

Love-Love the greenstone necklace verrrry chic. Darlen treasures too. Happy Junken Trails to You

Lisa Johnson said...

You really scored! I was at Monticello on Saturday and bought your the old shopping cart you had in your booth. I was also wondering about the yellow drop leaf table. Couldn't find a price. Love the little child's cabinet you found and also was wondering if you are selling those two cute swiss dot lampshades. I will totally buy them from you if you are. Let me know!

Lisa

P.S. I'm so glad you now have two booths.